Communication is Key
Why do we communicate?
1. To Create a Positive feeling or Amplify a Postive feeling we are already having.
2. Get rid of a negative feeling
3. Create a new result
Why do we want to do the above? Because we want to feel good! There are a couple things we must do:
1. We need to communicate to ourselves first more effectively, then we can communicate
better to other people.
2. If we are going to communicate well with others, we can't do that by making them
wrong/attacking them and telling them how screwed up they are.
Core beliefs about people are key:
1. Do not Judge people/Do not attack people - This destroys communication.
2. Never question the intent of a person (you can question behaviors but not intent).
3. People are not their Behavoirs.
4. There are always two sides to views on life.
Here are 4 questions to ask yourself for a reality check:
1. How do I communicate when I am stressed?
2. How do I get leverage when I don't get what I want?
3. How do I communicate well when I am stressed?
4. How can I communicate better in the future?
All of this information was provided by a series called "Passion for Living" by Anthony Robbins and this is just the tip of the iceberg. You can pick a copy up from your local library (get it on audio) and you can listen on your drive to and from work. May your communication improve each day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home